Friday, January 30, 2009

Vaccines and Airports

This morning we had an interesting speaker at MOPS! His name was Dr Alex Holston, a neonatal-perinatal pediatrician that graduated from the Naval Academy in 1999. He practices at Bethesda Naval Hospital. One thing that he said that I thought was hilarious but also quite insightful was about vaccines. There were some moms that asked a lot of questions about vaccines and autism and vaccines in general. His personal opinion is that vaccines are necessary and helpful but if there are new vaccines on the market, hold off on them for as long as you can. A lot of moms got opinionated about that statement, you know how it is... And he says... "Well let me tell you that vaccines are like telling you about Christ. If you already have your mind made up about Christ, I am not going to convince you one way or another. You can weigh the benefits yourself and make your decision. I am not going to argue about it!" Isn't that true?
We are trying to find a way to get to National airport at 5:30 AM for our trip to Florida with all the kids, car seats, luggage, etc... We are debating about just spending the $60 to take a taxi but that goes against my way of doing things. I have taken so many people to the airport and don't mind doing it all yet I am so nervous about asking anyone!! (And a friend already told me she couldn't do it.) So I am going to ask someone else today, why am I so stinkin' nervous?? I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. The whole vaccine thing is a really heated topic. I have friends who are on both sides of the fence on that one! Have funnn on your trip. It sounds so great!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete