Many of my peeps would be shocked to hear this but we are starting to look at private schools in the area for Gracers. I have always wanted to send my kids to the darling public elementary school practically in MY BACKYARD but we are really feeling the Lord lead us away from this. Many reasons that I won't go into here. That doesn't mean that we are closing those doors completely but we are taking the first steps. Today I toured a little school that is very close to us and actually uses a church building for their facility. Some of the pros were that the principal was wonderful, I know her son, the location is close, small class sizes. Some of the cons were that older grades were combined (2nd and 3rd together, etc), mandatory volunteer hours of 10 + hours/month, and school is named after a place in The Lord of the Rings. Tomorrow I tour another school and I am so grateful for my dear friend Donna who is watching the BUSTER. I know she will teach him how to play outside, shoot guns and eat meat... she is hard core Arkansas.

I think that's great. Decisions about school are so important. I'm not looking forward to it! Now you've got me curious about the name of the school. Email me.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the school search! Your blog is cute. Thanks for letting me stop by!
ReplyDeleteJen
It's working! I'm praying for you and your school decision. It's so important. Good on you for taking such care with this important decision.
ReplyDelete