I helped host a women's breakfast at church that was focused on crafts. It was so much fun! My sister in laws were in town so they helped me get it all together. We made vanilla extract and flower pins.
It was amazing how many women are using artificial vanilla! I researched a lot about vanilla and taught them what makes a good vanilla extract (just beans and alcohol!). We cut up the beans and used adorable labels. Each woman also decorated their bottles with ribbons and wrapped with tissue paper (my sister in law Lindsay works for a greeting card company - hook up!!) Then we made flower pins. It was fun because many women wore them at church the next morning.
These are my dear friends (left to right) Michelle, me, Krista, and Sarah.
Together we have 16 children (and counting!) so we need a lot of vanilla for those chocolate chip cookies!
My sister in law Betsy is on the right with Peggy, another friend from church. You can see how adorable Betsy's necklace is. She featured it on her blog.
Here is Krista and Tiffany below.
Tiffany is one of my faithful blog followers and good friend! Hi Tiffany, you look fabulous!!
Krista is also good friend that I have gotten to know this past year. Her husband and Nate pal around and work out together while Krista and I do a kid swap each week. I wasn't sure what I would think of a kid swap and it has been so much fun to see the friendships of our little girls develop.
You're so funny :) At least you didn't say "blog stalker!" Can't wait to make more of the vanilla extract as Christmas gifts! Thanks for a fun time.
ReplyDelete