Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Favorite Things at Her House

I have a friend who has a house that I adore. I like the layout and size of the house but I also like her style of decorating. She uses a lot of antique and old family items and modernizes it with many contemporary - 70's furniture. (I hope I got the decade correct!) Recently I was at her home and took a few photos of my favorite things that I saw.
This is a framed piece that she received as a family heirloom. She put it above an antique pew that recently purchased from someone nearby who got it from a church that shut down in DC. The pew is curved (not cut like many pews) which means it was most likely up on the altar. It is such a beautiful piece.

She also used to be a park ranger - loves plants and forestry. So one of her collections is wood bowls that have decay in them. They are really unique and fun as the wood is knotted and funky in style.








No comments:

Post a Comment