Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heart on my Latte

I got tickets a few months ago to go to the top of the "Pencil." The girls have been wanting to do this and fly a kite on the National Mall. It was pouring rain so we just did the monument. We learned a few interesting facts. The Washington Monument is 555 feet tall. George Washington died at the age of 67 from a throat infection (because there were no antibiotics back then). Rita learned that drawing is not allowed on the Washington Monument. Grace learned you cannot walk down the stairs and if you did, it would take 1-1/2 hours (according to the tour guide - quicker if you are Nate.) Sammy learned that each state donated a stone to the monument and some states donated more than others.







And seriously I had the best latte that I have had in years at Chinatown Coffee. I noticed it was made from milk from Trinkling Springs Creamery which is a glass-bottled-type-organic milk and that foam was perfect with a little heart on it. Nate goes there a lot during the day.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! We walked down the stairs once - I think they do it once a day or week or something, I dont remember. Was this the same day as Free Chik-fil-a or does Nate just wear the same shirt a lot? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvin thinks he could run down the monument in 10 minutes- flat!

    ReplyDelete