Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Block Party

About two months ago, I started a quest to have a block party. The kids were so excited and I got my 2 close friends (neighbors) in on it. We got the signatures of the 22 houses on our block and were able to shut down our street on July 3rd with barricades. It was so neat! The kids could play in the road, we put our tables and grills out. We even had a firepit in the middle of the road. We had about 60 people come (including kids) and made some wonderful memories. It is amazing to have all of the neighbors out at one time mingling. There are some interesting and fun people on our street. Apparently in our little town, it is the "thing" to have block parties as this week there are already barricades up on the street over.


2 comments:

  1. Fun!!! Let me know if you do it again...we want to crash the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed with your organization skills. What fun memories for the families in your neighborhood:)

    ReplyDelete