Last week I hosted a Mom Swap with some of my friends from MOPS. I just love a great swap! Everyone brings any items that they think others may want, you lay them out and tell everyone about them, and then SWAP. I just hosted the event in my home but the coordinator did all the organizing and event details. She did a round robin style where you picked a number and then picked according to when your number was called. Everyone always leaves with unexpected fun items and most importantly - gets rid of things too.
I did a little spread of food in the kitchen - appetizer and "man catcher" brownies from SCRATCH - yum.
This was the kids clothing and toy room. It was by far the most filled room.
This is the housewares table.
It is hard to tell here, but this is the adult clothing and accessories "room." Here is where all the adult clothing, accessories and personal items were located.
After all the women left, they helped me box up all the items and put it out for Salvation Army pickup in the morning. My house wasn't a mess and it was so easy to arrange a pickup. You can't see it but there is a stroller and TONS of boxes under the tarp.
The next morning, the kids were thrilled to see what I got!
These are some of my favorite things that I got... I can't wait to paint this wood platter with chalkboard paint.
I have wanted this cookbook for a long time.
Sammy enjoyed his carrot baseball bat and Ellen's new Dora book.
Four pairs of Stride Rite shoes, not bad for next season!
My all time favorite thing... a new cake stand for my collection. This one is reversible.
This was my first pick!
Great stuff! I just hosted a women's ministry event at my house and there was really no clean up after everyone left. Women aren't messy :)
ReplyDelete