Friday, April 22, 2011

Stay-Cation... "Swap Day" - Thurs

On Thursday, we drove to our friend's house in our old neighborhood for a "Mommy Swap." On the way, we drove by "The Pig". This is always a highlight for the kids as you can see.


We picked up Matt, my good friend Jenni's son, for a morning of play with us. Don't tell his mom I let him play "pretty pink princess castle!!"
Then we did the SWAP! This is a huge event that my moms group throws and it is so fun. Everyone brings things to swap and you get a number. You go around and pick things that are interesting to you in a round robin style. I let the kids pick out what they wanted. I was sad to donate some of my linens but I never use them so it was time.

Here is the SWAP room.

Wendy is showing off her new Pashmina (this is Wendy's beautiful home!)


Then we came home to a special treat: Lunchables! See the kitchen in the background... it won't be like this long. I am painting... reveal is to come soon.


3 comments:

  1. Fun swap! Call me ... I want to hear about the colors you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Pretty pink princess castle! You should have seen Josh this morning. He went with Daddy downtown for a day at the Smithsonian. He was wearing his super hero cape, his construction paper mask that he had decorated, and had a paper towel tube as his "wand." (Me: Hey Josh, why do you need a wand? Josh: Mommy, how else do super heroes do magic if they don't have wands? Me: I guess I hadn't thought about that.) Mike brought our camera. I can't wait to see pictures of "super Josh" on the metro or at the museum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss the cute green and white placemats and napkins at Wendy's house??? I saw them in her FB photos...Bummer!

    ReplyDelete