We had a wonderful weekend. Grace had school off on Friday (and I had a horrible chest cold) so my mom took her and Rita to the mall and let them pick out a special makeup at Claires. They have been toting around their panda bear glittery eye shadow and cookie dough lipsticks all weekend. This is them applying it on Sat morning.
Then on Saturday, the girls and I went out for lunch. On our way, we saw this car. It was there just for us!
After lunch, we went over to a little historic mill and made a scarecrow that looks very similar to Nate. But the girls kept telling me they thought it looked like Grandpa Palmer!!??!!
They have been sitting and playing on the scarecrow all weekend. Grace waited for her carpool pickup this morning sitting in his lap. They love it!
On Sat afternoon, our firehouse - which is on our street - had an open house. The firehose demo was really neat for the kids.
My kids are so used to the firehouse that they know many of the firefighters by name.
We also set up the bunk beds for the girls to get ready for their new roommate. Sam is going to move into that room for the time being. When Grandma Verwys comes out to visit next week, we are going to finish up all those details. As you can see, Little Nate - I mean Sammy - is very helpful.
Grace told me the next morning that she had "the most wonderful night sleep ever."
We also painted Sam's room to get it ready for the baby. We picked the color on a whim and I am so thankful that I love it so much. It is cheery and really clean looking.
On Monday, I had my 32 week visit with the OB. I was told that I will have to have the hernia repaired 6-8 weeks after the baby is born but not before. Apparently no one will operate on a pregnant woman for this type of thing. I am anxious to get it fixed but meanwhile will just try to continue to lay low. The OB also told me that they are no longer accepting visitors at the hospital - not even siblings - because of the flu. That was so interesting to me! Everything else is great and I don't take that for granted.Shout outs to my new nephew Julius who was brought home two weeks ago to Donnie and Sandy from the Philliphines. Also thankful that sister in law Lindsay stayed safe during her mugging. And lastly, yeah to my other sister in law Alayna who is 30 weeks pregnant!
I need to do something exciting so I can get a shout out! :)
ReplyDeleteCute pics, Andrea! I can't believe how big your kids are, especially Sammy! I love the nursery color...it looks almost identical to the color in our living room. Love, Kerri
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good weekend. My girls LOVE Claires and could spend all day looking at all the sparkly things in there. Glad things are going well with your pregnancy. Sorry to hear about the hernia. Take it easy.
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Jen
What fun times with your girls!! The nursery looks great! I tried to call you this morning. I hope we can touch base soon. love you
ReplyDelete