Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Craft Show Loot

I just dropped off my "crafts" for the craft show here in our town! Here are a few examples of the things I made. I couldn't list everything but will try to put it on the sidebar in my blog. Some of these things I am also giving as Christmas gifts to friends and family! That is actually how I started doing this. Whenever I make teacher or Christmas gifts, I have so many leftovers. So I started to think of something new each year to make and use the leftovers to sell at the craft show! I have done very well at these craft shows because I mark my items really low. It also gives me a creative outlet since I don't do the "creative activities" at MOPS anymore.


Notice the tag reads: "local honey" - I really used Local Honey!







I did not make these blankets but the little old lady next to me did! She makes the most elaborate afghans and quilts and sells them for around $13. She works at the local thrift shop and they give her all the yarn they run across. She told me she loves to make them and I can't believe the time she puts into these. There are a lot of "grandma" type items at this show but it is fun to look since everything is so reasonably priced.

3 comments:

  1. Cute cute things! I hope the craft show went well! Mine was today - I am so glad it's over. I was a total stress case this past week!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a turkey hairbow? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! and I love you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete