Saturday, January 7, 2012
Christmas Part 2
On Christmas Eve, we ate our subs (last year of that tradition - Subway is so bad on Christmas Even), went to church, and came home to leave out the cookies.
This is the girls at 7 am Christmas morning. They couldn't get out of their room until Nana and Papa arrived at 7 am. They were so excited!
This was how we spent Christmas morning relaxing. It was so nice to just be together as a family and take our time. Christmas was very energy zapping for me this year!! The kids had 11 days off of school, I didn't get out much to get gifts, my favorite things were left undone and we left for Michigan on the 27th after hosting dinner for my family and brother's family. Despite all of that, it was wonderful to be with my family, parents, brother Brian and family, and Nate's family. That quality time was better than in the past. I loved being with Brian and Alayna at the indoor pool the day after Christmas (tradition!), spending Christmas Eve with Nate assembling the big gift, and spending time with Nate's siblings who came over a lot to visit us in Michigan. The kids didn't notice less gifts AT ALL and I gave Nate the gift of a debt-free, no bills in January Christmas - the best kind! I was able to really relax in Michigan and nap a lot... thanks to my in-laws... so we are ready for the New YEAR!
This was the best and biggest gift. We got Ellen a new pink kitchen set. There is a great story behind it. I found it on a deal website for $13. I think it was mismarked. They kept delaying the order over and over. Finally I called the company and reordered it for the full price and asked for a price adjustment. They ended up canceling my original order, adjusting the price of the new one from $200+ to $13, and it arrived the week before Christmas. So fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the table cloth on your table. Looks like a lot of presents under your tree - glad you enjoyed many memories even though you were busy : )
ReplyDelete