Friday, June 12, 2009

a park a week


One of the things we were trying to do this summer is visit a local park a week - even if they are parks with just a pond or stream and woods. Today we visited a local park called the "Tot Lot." It was hilarious how excited my kids were initially to run up to the new park. But then, they wanted to leave because it was a pretty small playground. A friend called while I was there and asked me, "Why are you at THAT park?"
I had my best friend Jen visiting earlier this week to help me collect myself and help with the kids. We had fun going to the pool, the gym, shopping and hiking. Here is a few photos from our hike.



3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm trying this with the kids I'm sitting for. There's a couple of fun parks around here that I'm looking forward to "testing". Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love it!!! And cute pictures. What a fun outing!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like something we're doing ... I'm glad you had a nice time with Jenn. You picked a beautiful place for a hike.

    ReplyDelete