Monday, February 6, 2012

Large Family Ideas...

We have had a lot of playdates in the past two weeks! Whenever the moms come over, I always get the same comments on certain things in the house. The first thing is this corkboard that I just made last week. I copied the idea from my friend Candi and it has been a HUGE success in the house. Less cups and everyone is on board. It really helps at dinnertime when we ask one of the kids to set the table.

This is the next thing and it has also been a really big success. The kids are totally on board with it. I made it at my MOPS group and it was supposed to be a plate that you just write your meals on, etc. But I knew that dinner chores would be worthwhile to allocate in my house. The kids love these systems.


This is an old system but I still get a lot of comments on this. We don't have a mudroom but when you walk into our house, I use our wall on the left for our coats and jacket dump spot. The hooks are from Pier One and Nate installed them very well so that they are really sturdy and durable. They don't pull out from the wall. They know to hang up their coats and shoes are to be neat under the jackets. We are finding that it is really important to start these systems because things were quickly getting out of control as we moved into our new home and Ellen became a "big person." My next project is to figure out how to cook for my family and still have leftovers!










3 comments:

  1. Love that plate! Going to make one! What a great idea. I never thought of using it for dinner clean-up. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sour patch kids??? Mom & Dad's Dairy Bar.
    So do you use chalkboard paint on that plate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these ideas. need to put them in place myself

    ReplyDelete